In my younger years I suffered from severe constipation for a couple of weeks. It was absolute agony. Perhaps the scariest thing for me though was not the extreme levels of pain, but the fact that I somehow managed to get hold of a book which detailed all of the scary treatments that doctors loved to give their patients when they are suffering from constipation. A pair of forceps springs to mind. The problem was, this book did not actually give any home remedies for constipation. This now strikes me as a little odd as most cases of constipation can be cleared up without a trip to the doctor. On this page I want to share a few treatments that I know will help to quite literally relieve you.
- Figs: You will notice that most of the home remedies for constipation on this page are all about getting fiber into your diet. You see, it is likely that a lack of fiber is what got you into this trouble to begin with (although there are multiple causes of constipation). Figs are incredibly high in Fiber. You can eat them in their raw form, or most health food shops and even pharmacies will sell fig juice that you can drink. It is a bit of an acquired taste, but it really will help!
- Raisins are fantastic for constipation. Not only do they have a lot of fiber in them, but they are also classed as a great natural laxative. You should soak a good handful of raisins in water overnight. As soon as you wake up, eat them. They work best on an empty stomach.
- Get a nice warm glass of water in the morning. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and add the juice of a single lemon This works wonders. It helps to smooth the passage of that stool so it comes out much easier. Again, this is something which is going to work a lot better if it is done on an empty stomach.
- Castor Oil is one of the more unique of home remedies for constipation. Perhaps the main reason for this is that people do not really feel like they want to take a spoonful of castor oil. I suggest you do though. It works. It clears out those intestines and it has been used to treat constipation for hundreds of years!
- Guavas: These again are packed to the brim with fiber. Their main job however is to increase the production of mucus in the anus (sounds disgusting, right?). This will of course help to ‘lubricate’ the stool and make its job of getting out that much easier.
- Spinach: This is a fantastic remedy for constipation. This is because it helps to rebuild the intestines. It is actually quite cleansing. Perhaps the best way to take your spinach is juiced up in 100ml of water (100ml of spinach juice is needed). Drink that twice a day and you will keep the poo away
If you constipated for some time maybe you’ll need to follow detox diet Like I did every 3 months or 6 months detox diet is good to cleans your body and colons for better health, and how to prevent future problems is to get the waste out of your body through regular bowel movements and other means that will detoxify your body.